Welcome to Fieri DC
Meetings are held on the first Wednesday of the month and happy hours are on the third Friday of the month.
Check our events page for more details on all of our events.
Fieri is an international organization of students and young professionals interested in celebrating and promoting Italian culture. Its members are dedicated to:
- Preserving Italian culture and encouraging the study of Italian and Italian-American history,
- Fostering the values of higher education and personal achievement in young Italian-Americans,
- Sharing information on job openings and presenting networking opportunities for young professionals, and
- Promoting a positive image of Italian-Americans in the mass media and popular culture.
The group was founded in New York City in 1984 by a group of college students interested in speaking Italian, learning more about the Italian culture and the immigrants who made the United States their home, and providing more educational and professional opportunities for Italian-Americans. Fieri has since expanded into an international organization with chapters throughout the United States and Canada.
Fieri DC meets on the first Wednesday of every month at 6:30 p.m. at Casa Italiana, located at 595 1/2 Third Street, NW, (at the corner of Third & F Streets), near the Judiciary Square Metro stop. Members gather there to enjoy a cultural presentation and discuss upcoming events.
Fieri DC also hosts happy hours on the third Friday of every month at various bars and restaurants around town.
In addition, Fieri DC plans many events throughout the year and informs its members about these and other activities through its e-mail newsletter. Among the events and services the organization offers are:
- Social gatherings, including wine and cheese tastings; trips to neighborhood festivals in Baltimore, West Virginia, and other areas; outings arranged by other Fieri chapters, including trips to Baltimore, New Jersey, and New York and participation in Fieri International's biennial conventions; events and fundraisers held by Fieri International; Italian chats; potluck dinners; Italian movie nights; and dinners at local Italian restaurants;
- Italian cultural presentations, including guest speakers and other cultural activities at our monthly meetings, an annual Festa Italiana, theater outings, film viewings, book readings, museum tours, and our annual Opera Night gala; and
- Community outreach, including the Fieri DC Ronald W. Treschitta Memorial Scholarship, book drives, and various volunteer projects throughout the year.